JellyPages.com

Friday, April 25, 2014




Lying on my bed, in my room alone, and I was thinking to myself, ‘Why am I born this way, why mother…why…?’ as I muffled my face with my hands, trying to wipe off the tears from my eyes and buried my entire face into my soft pillow. Didn’t even bothered to get change into my night gown that was placed at the corner of my bed, nicely folded by Mary Anne… I fell asleep… Dreaming that it will be wonderful and fine the next day to come.

In the morning…

I woke up by the sounds of the birds chirping outside my bedroom window. ‘Oh, what a lovely morning’ I said to myself, gazing outside the window, looking at the garden, full of the lovely flowers, blooming. After a while… ‘That’s all for today morning gazin’ ‘ I chuckled and stretched my body and walking towards the dressing table to get ready for the morning. As I rested my bottoms at the dressing table, I saw thick….thick eye bags / tear bags hanging at the bottom of my eyes and my eyes are red and sore after all that crying last night… I shrieked, as if I came across a terrible nightmare! [You guys know how girls would react when they come across these things~] And, to be honest, I didn’t like the way I looked at the mirror at that time. I looked ridiculous, seriously! I washed my face and tried to put on some face powder under my eyes, just to hide the eye bags. Trust me, I tried really darn hard to cover them, but it just seemed to be impossible to do so. So I just get dressed and head down to the breakfast room with Mary Anne.

Meanwhile, in the breakfast room…

‘Girls, do honestly tell your dear mother what do you think about that PATHETIC and expressionless stepsister of yours. Would you? My darlings.’ She asked the girls in a most unpleasant tone in voice [I don’t think you would like her voice tone either, it rather sounded like some evil witch kind of voice, well, similar to THAT]. The girls were actually having a great time with each other, talking about the dreams that they dreamed yesterday night, princes, rich duke and blah blah blah; yadda yadda yadda… And you can, too, picture that the girls are actually, LITERALLY ignoring stepmother’s question at that time. They blabbers then broke into silence, as stepmother raised her voice, ‘ GIRLS!!’ she shouted. The room then is filled with stepmother’s voice echoing…
The girls were deeply startled when they heard their mother yelled at them. Come on, you wouldn’t have to hear her yell at you when you ACTUALLY listened to her, questioning you earlier, right? But, anyways moving on to my dream…
All of the girls answered their mother’s question with the same answer, saying that – ‘ Mother, I do think that Sarah… Urghh! That pathetic sister of ours is not meant to be in this family either! For SHE, is not lady like enough to be part of this family. And even if she still is a part of our family for the rest of our lives, she might be just a terrible DISGRACE to us all MOTHER!’
Stepmother then nodded to the girls, showing that she was pleased with their answers towards her question and continued fanning herself.
Just then, when I was about to reach the breakfast room with Mary Anne, I could hear very clearly that the girls were stupidly giggling and chuckling in the room. And at that time, I knew they were talking about me and how “disgraceful” I would be in this family. Mary Anne didn’t seemed to be bothered about that though, she was really nice to me [like a second mother or someone special like that], she then opens the door and guided me in, as usual.
As I walked into the room, the girls did the same reaction as they did as always [just like the last chapter of the story], but stepmother didn’t seem to “notice” my presence in the room, I can tell just by looking at how she acts/ behaves the minute I walked through that door every morning, just to get my breakfast.
Just to let you all know, I breakfast period wasn’t that wonderful compared to my life outside of my dream, where my mother greets me in smiles and prepares me warm and tasty food every morning. Well, this is simply different, it is horrible I tell you! Imagine you, living in a big luxurious mansion; dressed appropriately like a lady; served by many servants and subjects in your home serves you wherever you go; but just a cup of tea and two slices of garlic bread for breakfast! Everyday! Can you, tolerate that? Well, of course you can, if you don’t mind starving for the whole afternoons?!
But I don’t really have the strength to care about how horrible my breakfast was, I just finished whatever was placed on my breakfast tray for I was too hungry to hesitate and think, cz’ I didn’t went down for dinner last evening. So after that, I left the breakfast room after breakfast and left for the gardens to spend my morning there. Mary Anne walked with me by my side as always, making sure that I’m safe and out of “trouble” created by those stepsisters of mine.
I’m not sure why, and I don’t really know the reason why I’m so gloomy that day. Mary Anne asked me if I would like to feed breadcrumbs to the birds and fishes near the pond, but I refused to do so. So then, I continued walking around the flower bushes, admiring the beauty of it, I then also picked some daisies and tulips which are planted at the other side of the garden gazebo, was planning to place them in vase that used to be in mother’s room. The vase is in my room now, in a safe place… 

To be continued…….

No comments:

Post a Comment